- Wednesday 20th April: “Learning for Peace” book launch.
- Thursday 21st April
- Saturday 23rd April: Understanding CAFOD Day
Wednesday 20th April: “Learning for Peace” book launch.
Peacemakers invite you to attend a book launch/resource designed to support Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development in schools. It is packed full of activities and games and will share approaches and techniques that form the mainstay of our work in Peacemakers that schools in the West Midlands have been enjoying for 30 years. The book is further supported by a website with resources to download.
At the Priory Rooms, Bull Street, Birmingham - free workshop for teachers at 5pm. followed by the official launch of the book at 6pm. Booking is essential and further details available from Anna Gregory firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 21st April: “Stories From Peru”- an opportunity to hear from Alice Bowers, CAFOD’s ‘Step into the Gap’ volunteer, about her recent trip to visit CAFOD projects and communities in Peru. From 7.00-8.30pm at SS Peter and Paul Parish, 51 North St, Wolverhampton, WV1 1RJ. All are welcome. For more information please email email@example.com or ring 01922 722944.
Saturday 23rd April: Understanding CAFOD Day. From 11am to 4pm in the Reception Room, St Chad’s Sanctuary, 72-74 Shadwell Street, Birmingham, B4 6HA. covering: Who is CAFOD? How did CAFOD get started? How can you as a current Parish Contact, Education Volunteer or someone wanting to know about how to volunteer at CAFOD, become, or get more involved? Come along to an excellent day of learning about all things CAFOD including:
- CAFOD’s Vision, Mission and Values - where they come from & what do they challenge us to do?
- The Story of CAFOD – how it all began
- Our international development work – examples of our work in the field
- Fundraising, finance and stewardship – where does the money really go?
- Volunteering for CAFOD – what can be done?
- Campaigning – is it hard to do?
- Free Lunch – there really is such a thing, and one is provided for the day!