Dear friends, items for your information and action as appropriate:
Wednesday 14th September: “UK Faith Communities: Progress Towards a World Free of Nuclear Weapons”. At 6pm in The Priory Rooms, Meeting and Conference Centre, 40 Bull Street, Birmingham, B4 6AF. Please stay on for coffee and networking afterwards.
Free seminar on how a nuclear weapons ban treaty would create a clear international legal norm against the possession of nuclear weapons and how faith communities can best play their part in this initiative to push states towards a ban treaty.
• Ethical, legal and religious imperatives for nuclear abolition;
• The nuclear threat: forgotten but not gone;
• Comprehensive nuclear disarmament: putting human security first;
• How to take the issues forward within your own faith community.
So this meeting is for:
• Interfaith groups - local, regional and national;
• Youth and women’s groups;
• Religious leadership from different faiths;
• All those concerned about the humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons.
Book your places now by going to or pasting in your browser:
of-nuclear-weapons-tickets-26856202625. For information tel. 07825-189263
Thursday 29th September: “Keep it in the Ground: Why journalists should sometimes be campaigners. A free talk by Alan Rusbridger, former editor of The Guardian, Principal of LMH, University of Oxford, talks about the reporting of climate change. At 8pm in Rose Hill Community Centre, Carole’s Way, Oxford OX4 4HF.
With best wishes to you as always; previous mini-newsletters can be viewed at www.birminghamjandp.org.uk/mini-newsletters
Administrator, on behalf of the Birmingham Justice and Peace Commission
Postings from the Commission Administrator